DSS 704 Arms Control: Theory and Practice
DSS 719 Strategic Culture
- Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications, Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, U.S. Department of State
Current duties include shaping and implementing a public outreach strategy for U.S. efforts to counter weapons of mass destruction on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Senior Foreign Policy Advisor, Office of Strategic Research and Dialogues, Strategy and Plans Directorates, October 2010-Present
- Acting Director of the Office of Strategic Planning and Outreach in the Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation
- ISN Bureau Public Diplomacy Officer
- Senior Advisor for Missile Defense Policy in the Bureau of Arms Control
Faculty, Missouri State University, 2007-Present
- Jeffrey A. Larsen and Kerry M. Kartchner, eds., On Limited Nuclear War in the 21st Centery, Stanford University Press, 2014.
- Johnson, Jeannie L., Kerry M. Kartchner, and Jeffrey A. Larsen, eds. Strategic Culture and Weapons of Mass Destruction: Culturally Based Insights into Comparative National Security Policymaking. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- “Emerging Missile Challenges and Improving Active Defenses,” with Jeffrey A. Larsen, in Barry R. Schneider, and Jim A. Davis, eds. Avoiding the Abyss: Progress, Shortfalls, and the Way Ahead in Combating the WMD Threat. Westport: Praeger Security International, 2006, pp 127-55.
- Contributing Editor, Weapons of Mass Destruction: An Encyclopedia of Worldwide Policy, Technology, and History. 2 vols. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, 2004, Jeffrey A. Larsen, managing editor.
- Ph.D., International Relations, University of Southern California, 1987
- M.A., International Relations, University of Southern California 1984
- B.A., International Relations, Brigham Young University, 1981.