Missouri State University, Graduate Department of Defense and Strategic Studies Faculty, 2010-Present
- DSS 797: Energy & National Security
Senior Advisor to the Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy, 2012-present
- Advisor to the Deputy Secretary of Energy on international matters including oil markets, conventional and clean energy development and deployment, nuclear security, and nuclear nonproliferation.
Senior International Advisor, Office of Policy and International Affairs, U.S. Department of Energy, 2009-2012
- Advise senior government officials on international energy policy and cooperation with priority countries in the Western Hemisphere to advance United States energy and national security policy objectives.
Presidential Management Fellow, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, U.S. Department of Energy, 2007-2009
- Conducted analysis and produced reports on domestic and international critical energy infrastructure and assessed events impacting U.S. energy supply and reliability.
- Assisted in the deployment of Energy Advisors to three of the six geographic Combatant Commands of the Department of Defense.
Research Analyst, National Institute for Public Policy, 2006-2007
- Provided analysis and research on major contracts for government agencies related to critical U.S. national security issues, such as: Iran’s nuclear program, non-state actor deterrence, nuclear weapons policy, Chinese military advancements, strategic communications, and missile defense policy.
- Authored a published book review in the quarterly journal Comparative Strategy, Vol. 25, No. 3 (July-Sept. 2006).
Education: M.S., Defense and Strategic Studies, Missouri State University; B.A., History, California State University, Long Beach A.S., Fire Technology, Santa Ana (CA) College.