Apply by May 20, 2022 to begin in the fall 2022 semester.
You can complete this program 100% online, in seated classes (Washington, D.C.) or a hybrid of both.
Apply to this program through a central application: GradCAS. Review the sections below before you begin.
To be considered for admission to the Doctorate of Defenses and Strategic Studies (DDSS), a student must meet the requirements listed below.
- Completion of the baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 over the last 60 hours of academic work taken.
- A personal philosophy statement that addresses the applicant's professional career goals and how the program will help accomplish these goals.
- Two letters of recommendation from graduate faculty or professionals acquainted with the student’s academic work or research and analytical skills.
- A brief C.V.
- Students for whom English is a second language must earn a minimum score of 79 (internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).