Take your place in a bigger world
Our graduates are among the finest and most qualified in their fields. Many hold senior positions.
Join their path to success.
You can have a direct and positive impact on national security policies, weapons control and defense programs.
What can you do with a master’s degree in defense and strategic studies?
Plan security and defense strategy for the government. Be on the forefront of WMD control.
Work on vital intelligence projects for the CIA. Analyze for think tanks or policymaking bodies.
For potential jobs, there’s a lot more to uncover.
A master’s degree in defense and strategic studies prepares you to work in so many areas.
- Companies engaged in defense research and analysis
- Educational institutions
- Non-profit organizations (with a focus on defense issues and national security policies)
Your degree gives you the critical thinking, writing and research skills to reach your goals.
You'll have great exposure to your industry while in school, whether that’s for defense, policy and strategy, weapons of mass destruction or another field.
Graduate ready to excel in the national security community.
Specific employers of DSS graduates
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- RAND Corporation
- Capitol Hill
- Missile Defense Advocacy Alliance (MDAA)
- National Defense University (NDU)
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrup Grumman
- Department of State
- Department of Defense
- Secret Service
- Nuclear National Security Administration of the Department of Energy
- Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
And many others.
Helping you on the job hunt
Our faculty and staff can support your efforts to find employment.
We also have a strong alumni network in the Washington, D.C. area that can assist you. The region has a stable economy and growing employment base.
Historically, most DSS graduates find a job in the field prior to or shortly after they graduate.
Some graduates also continue their education by pursuing a PhD in a related area.